Avoid the Christmas mad rush
In a few days, it will be November already. Right after All Saints and All Souls Day, this is officially the start of the Christmas season. And have you started your Christmas shopping?
To avoid the holiday rush, better get started on your shopping. Early trek to the malls and preparation will make a difference in your sanity and wallet. You don’t have to wait in long lines, you can budget your Christmas money well, and you don’t have to push your way in the mad crowds.
1) List down the names of people you would like to give Christmas gifts to and estimate how much money you will spend for each person.
2) If Divisoria and 168 is not your thing, consider shopping online. You can try buying items from Ebay.ph or from Multiply sellers. Just make sure you check the feedback of the sellers first.
3) If you’re the artsy or culinary type, consider giving personalized gifts.
4) Shop early. Be at the mall when it opens in the morning. Shopping early means less people, shorter lines and sales staff are more helpful.
5) Check your budget. Don’t blow your 13th-month pay in just one shopping spree. Make sure there is enough money for your Noche Buena or, if you can, save a portion of your bonus for emergency.
6) Consider giving group gifts, example, a batch of brownies for your office friends.
7) Consider giving to charity in your friends’ behalf. More and more people are practicing this trend. Instead of giving individual gifts, many choose to give charitable donations in behalf of their friends. These charitable institutions, meanwhile, will give you Christmas cards for free, which you can then send to friends.