2009 Goals: A Review
At the start of 2009, I listed down our goals for 2009 (see story). Goal-setting is an important component of financial independence as you need to see where you want to be and be able to keep track on how you are doing.
Since this is the middle of the year, it’s time for me to check on the status of our goals.
1) Additional personal savings of PhP120,000.
*** Status: Done. I expect to save more from my salary before the year ends.
2) Ebay net earnings of at least PhP10,000 (earmarked for travel)
*** Status: 60% complete.
3) Add PhP12,000 to our mutual funds in Philam Fund, Inc. and GSIS Kabuhayan Fund.
*** Status: 33% behind. We are running behind in this goal. This is largely because of the unstable market and I’m quite nervous of placing more money in our mutual fund.
4) Start a retirement account of PhP12,000
*** Status: 50% complete. Just right on track.
5) Completely get rid of hubby’s credit card debt.
*** Status: 26K left. We expect to complete get rid of his CC debt by August 2009, four months ahead of schedule.
6) Pay off our car debt in full by November 2009.
*** Status: One month ahead of schedule. We expect to fully pay off the car loan by October 2009, one month earlier than we committed.
7) Save at least PhP140,000 from hubby’s salary.
*** Status: 50% complete
Optional goal: Travel to a foreign country
*** Status: Our Singapore travel is scheduled on October.
How about your goals?