Yearend Review of Our Goals
A couple of days late, I should have posted this on Dec. 31. But better late than never. Here’s a review of our 2009 goals. If I were to grade myself, I’d give myself a 70% passing rate. Why? Read on.
My family made some difficult choices at the last two months of 2009 and it made a slight blow to our financial standing. I just hope that these difficult decisions would pay off in the future and provide us some rewards.
1) Additional personal savings of PhP120,000.
By mid-2009, we have already achieved this.
2) Ebay net earnings of at least PhP10,000 (earmarked for travel)
3) Add PhP12,000 to our mutual funds in Philam Fund, Inc. and GSIS Kabuhayan Fund.
50% done. It was a conscious effort not to put too much money in our mutual fund. My goal was to continue beefing up our emergency fund.
4) Start a retirement account of PhP12,000.
5) Completely get rid of hubby’s credit card debt.
This is what’s hurting me most. By mid-2009, we had 26K left in hubby’s credit card. By the end of 2009, it jumped to 36K. Sigh. When we get that money we’ve been expecting this January, I promise I will pay off hubby’s credit card completely.
6) Pay off our car debt in full by November 2009.
7) Save at least PhP140,000 from hubby’s salary.
Optional goal: Travel to a foreign country.
Done. I’ve also managed to squeeze in one more country when I flew again to Hong Kong last November.
Next post: Our 2010 Goals